Friday, December 21, 2012

Saga #8 Review

SAGA #8
by Brian K. Vaughn and  Fiona Staples

Fard should get his own spin-off series called "All-Fard Comics".

This series takes pride in not taking things too seriously. I commend Mr. Vaughn for that. I love the opening scene with Marko's first meeting with Alana, and pretty much everything about Fard's character. The cliffhanger seems like a dire omen for things to come, and I'm excited to see where it goes. Vaughn's biggest strength comes from the dialogue he writes, and I love it. It's got an absurd amount of wit and realism that many writers lack nowadays. However, I find it hard to believe that every character is this clever.
Fiona Staples' art looks as polished as ever, and is worth $2.99 on its own. Seriously, all of the dialogue could be replaced with the word "pee" and the art would still be enough to keep me engrossed.

Saga #8 is another winner from Brian Vaughn. 8 issues in, and it's much better that Vaughn's Y: The Last Man, which was a very good series on its own.

STORY: 4.5/5
ART: 5/5
VERDICT: 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment