Sunday, December 9, 2012

Pull List: 12/12/12

12/12/12! It's the end of the world! And then another on 12/21/12! Fortunately, the apocalypse hasn't affected the comic book industry much, so we're getting some good  comic books either way!

PULL LIST
BATMAN #15
by Scott Snyder, Greg Capullo and Jock

Last month's Batman issue fell a bit flat for me, but I hope Batman #15 is a change of pace for the book. I'm interested as to what Mister J's plan for the Bat-Family is, so I'm staying tuned to this series.

AVENGERS ARENA #1
by Dennis Hopeless and Kev Walker

Battle Royale. With superpowers. Fanboy squeal. 

BEFORE WATCHMEN: RORSCHACH #3
by Brian Azzarello and Lee Bermejo

Rorschach and Minutemen have been the two standout titles of the entire Before Watchmen line. Brian Azzarello's gritty script and Lee Bermejo's cinematic art make for one of the best books DC is publishing.

WISH LIST
DEATHSTROKE #15
by Justin Jordan and not Scott Clark

Scott Clark is one of my favorite artists. However, I saw the preview, and was appalled to find a FILL IN artist drawing it. I had very high hopes for this, so far as to nearly add it to my pull list. I was willing to give the creative team a new chance, but with 3 books on my Pull List this week, I dropped it. Maybe if I have spare cash, and stop by another comic shop over the weekend, but as of now, I'm not buying it. 

ANTI-WISH LIST
SUPERBOY #15
by Tom DeFalco and RB Silva

For the second time in a row, Superboy has made the anti-wish list, without hesitation. I gave the last issue a flip through at a comic shop, and nearly gagged at how terrible it was. I doubt that this issue would be any improvement. 





No comments:

Post a Comment