Saturday, December 15, 2012

My Thoughts on the Leaked Ending of Amazing Spider-Man #700


What the hell, Marvel. 

In case you didn't hear, Amazing Spider-Man #700's ending was just leaked online and it's an absolute travesty. Doc Ock remains as Spider-Man and well... Peter Parker sorta/kinda/maybe dies. This absolutely pisses me off. Peter Parker is one of the Marvel Universe's biggest heroes, and to some (including some people I know) is the reason people like  Marvel. The reason Stan Lee and Steve Ditko made Peter Parker Spider-Man was because he was someone you could relate to, and was easy to like. Despite his flaws, Pete was always the one person in the Marvel Universe  to survive well... Everything. In my top ten favorite characters, Spider-Man would probably be number 3 below Batman and Animal Man (I know.).  And that IS the reason he owns that spot! He's a great character, and having someone else in his shoes is some of the biggest bull!@#$ I've ever heard! For once, I hope that Marvel does resurrect someone. Marvel, if you're reading this, go tell whoever came up with this terrible idea to go sit in a corner and think about what he's done. This is plain stupid. 

I know there's something called opinions out there, and I respect most of them, but nearly everyone on the web is crying in outrage of this decision. First, the disaster that was AVX, then denying copying DC's New 52 (Seriously, they're even releasing their own #1 omnibus?), and now this? Get your act together Marvel! 

No comments:

Post a Comment