Saturday, December 1, 2012

I, Vampire #14 Review

I, VAMPIRE #14  
by Joshua Hale Fiakov and Andrea Sorrentino

Drunk Andrew Bennett is an @$$!

Joshua Hale Fiakov has established Andrew Bennett as a more terrifying villain than Mary ever was, in only two issues. I mean, he poses a big threat to the world than the Rot! Strangely, he still keeps all of his witty and clever dialogue from pre-evil Bennett era. Meanwhile, Mary is making for a very different protagonist from Andrew, and her violent personality makes the book that much more interesting. We don't get as much badass monologue from her like last month. Instead, we focus on Deborah Dancer, who's shaping up to be an interesting character of her own. Plus, we even revisit the club from JLD #0 towards the end of the issue.

Andrea Sorrentino's art look as great as ever. However, his work deviates a little bit towards sloppy near the end of the book. He manipulates the shadows to make everything in the book look absolutely terrifying. If he continues to crank out work at this rate, we'll be in for one hell of a ride when Green Arrow #17 comes out. 


I, Vampire #14 serves to be a great, action-packed and visually pleasing book. I'm sad that Dennis Calero is replacing Sorrentino next month,  so I'd milk as much enjoyment as I could out of this issue.

STORY: 4.5/5
ART: 4.5/5
VERDICT: 4.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment