Sunday, December 2, 2012

Pull List: 12/5/12

Happy "2 Days Until Comic Book Day" Day everyone! To celebrate, here is my pull list as usual. (NOTE: If you didn't know, you can expect me to upload my pull list every Sunday night!)

PULL LIST
THUNDERBOLTS #1
by Daniel Way and Steve Dillon

Look, I rarely buy books just for the characters, but this sounds like a pretty darn interesting concept. Throw 5 of the Marvel Universe's most famous anti-heroes, and you've got the all-new Thunderbolts. I'm very excited to see what's going to happen here, and how these 5 different personalities will mix.

ANIMAL MAN #15
by Jeff Lemire and Steve Pugh with Timothy Green

Animal Man is the only series of the New 52 that I have (almost) every issue of. You think I'm going to stop now? NO! It's one of the best series that most people aren't reading. If you aren't reading this, shame on you. 

DEADPOOL #3
by Brian Poeshn, Gerry Duggan and Tony Moore

Deadpool was a welcome surprise for me. This is the best Marvel NOW! series so far. It's an even blend of action, comedy, and horror. One of my favorite parts of the series, have been the entire concept of DP fighting zombie presidents. This issue, the Merc with a Mouth is going head to head with Richard Nixon. This will be interesting. 

DETECTIVE COMICS #15
by John Layman, Jason Fabok and Andy Clarke

A few months ago, back when Tony Daniel was still writing Detective Comics, I never would have thought that the series would become one of my favorite books. All it took, was a simple creative team change, and all of my Bat-dreams would come true. Now, we got a DEATH  OF THE FAMILY tie-in! We'll see how important this issue will be compared to the other tie-ins.

WISH LIST
INVINCIBLE #98
by Robert Kirkman and Ryan Ottley

Invincible was a book I started reading in trades at my library. It's actually pretty good. Invincible #98 marks the start of the next big arc, and it looks pretty cool. 

ANTI-WISH LIST


THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #699
by Dan Slott and Humberto Ramos

I'm going to be 100% honest with you. I hate what Marvel is doing with Spider-Man right now. I don't see why they're cancelling ASM at #700, when they could keep it as the highest numbered series ever. Why reboot the series with the EXACT SAME creative team as before? This series could have been the first comic book in history to reach 1,000 issues! But, NO. Marvel just HAD to relaunch it for Marvel NOW! Another thing: Why the HELL would you take Peter Parker out of the costume again, when fans want Peter Parker to be Spider-Man in the 616? If we wanted someone else to be Spider-Man, then we would go to Bendis' Ultimate Spider-Man!




1 comment:

  1. Amazing Spider-Man has already been canceled by Marvel in 1999. It's not an "unbroken chain". And if you didn't have a problem with the book "coming back" and continuing its counting at #500... why is this bothering you so much? Fair question, right?

    ReplyDelete