Friday, December 14, 2012

Before Watchmen: Rorschach #3 Review

BEFORE WATCHMEN: RORSCHACH #3
by Brian Azzarello and Lee Bermejo

Hurm. What happened to this book?

Two months ago, I finished reading issue 2 of this issue, and couldn't wait for this. Now that I've finished reading this issue, I'm kind of glad the wait for the last issue is 2 months long. This is one of the most formulaic book I've read this month. Last issue, my gripes were that this book read too much like the Punisher. Now, this reads to much like "Born Again" Daredevil. I could definitely guess the ending of the book, and I was actually a bit bored. Azzarello's writing of RS is just lazy, and Rawhide doesn't seem that threatening anymore. However, I've got to give credit to Azzarello for actually making Rorscach evade an ambush. I think that's the first time I've seen a hero do that all year.

Thankfully, Lee Bermejo's art is the book's saving grace. As usual, his painted and realistic style gives the book the grit it needs, and the colors flow perfectly with the art. Bermejo is the only reason I MIGHT pick up issue 4.

Rorschach #3 stumbles in the story department, but shines in its visuals.

STORY: 2/5
ART: 5/5
VERDICT: 3.5/5 

No comments:

Post a Comment