Sunday, January 13, 2013

Pull List: 1/16/13

It's Sunday. This is a comic book blog. It's my blog. Read the title. What do you think this is? For anyone new, my Pull List column is where I catalog the books I'm buying this week, one I want, and one I won't touch with a 50-yard pole. To quote Heath Ledger from "The Dark Knight": "Where do we... Begin?"

PULL LIST
BATMAN #16
by Scott Snyder, Greg Capullo and Jock

According to Scott Snyder,  he actually had to apologize to Greg Capullo for the horrible stuff he's having him draw. So, whatever's in this issue is more shocking than the Joker's new look, the massacre in the GCPD building, the maze scene in Batman #5, and the dream in issue 15. I'm in.

INDESTRUCTIBLE HULK #3
by Mark Waid and Lenil Yu

Indestructible Hulk has been a blast to read from the start. I'm not a fan of Walter Simonson's art, so I'm savoring every last bit of Lenil Yu's time on the title.

THE SAVAGE WOLVERINE #1
by Frank Cho

Frank Cho is such a great artist, he turned a pure piece of !@#$ like Ultimate Comics: New Ultimates and made it a true work of art. I'm not entirely sure about Cho writing this, as my expectations for writers/artists are pretty low (Tony Daniel's Detective Comics). However, I'm still willing to give this try. Anyway, writer/artists aren't always failures (Lee Bermejo's Batman: Noel).

SAGA #9
by Brian Vaughn and Fiona Staples

Will the Will actually reunite with the Stalk, or is it just a flashback or dream? I really, really need to find out... 

DAREDEVIL #22
by Mark Waid and Chris Samnee

I still hate the Superior Spider-Man. But, Mark Waid might be the one to change my mind, as he has been one of the most consistently great writers  Marvel has to offer.

WISH LIST
FRANKENSTEIN: AGENT OF S.H.A.D.E #16
by Matt Kindt and Alberto Ponticelli

I feel so guilty. Frankenstein was one of my favorite titles to pop out of the New 52, and now it's gone. I didn't really support it much though, since I only got the trade. I'll be sad to see him go, but at least he's a member of the Justice League Dark now!

ANTI-WISH LIST
SUPERBOY #16
by Tom DeFalco and RB Silva

For three months in a row, Superboy has made the Anti-Wish List. My friends keep telling me, "Oh, at least give this issue a flip through! It's much better than the last!". And I do. And it still sucks. Completely. DC should be ashamed this  is coming out. Though DC isn't making as many mistakes as Marvel right now, keeping DeFalco on Superboy and hiring Liefeld are still big mistakes. Who would want to buy a book with overdramatic dialogue, annoying and unlikable characters, and lame villains? Not me.




No comments:

Post a Comment