Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Batman Incorporated #6 Review

BATMAN INCORPORATED #6
by Grant Morrison and Chris Burnham with Andres Guinaldo

The origin of Alfred!

Sigh, I can't believe this. Morrison just killed off one of my favorite characters. The Knight is dead, and he got one of the least graceful, yet most powerful death scenes in a Bat book yet. I was not expecting something that massive to happen in this issue, but what do you expect? That's typical Morrison. Now, I'm really excited to see where the series goes from here. More importantly, I want to see what happens to the Squire after this.

Fill-in art. Like death or taxes, it's inevitable. Also like both , it can ruin something that could have been perfect. Andres Guinaldo steps in to draw 4 pages of Batman Inc, and it really threw me off. It didn't look bad, but it really took me out of the reading  experience  a bit. Thankfully, it doesn't ruin the pages drawn by Chris Burnham much. They're still as energetic and frantic as ever.

Batman Inc #6 was a very interesting issue. I think it's one of the best books this week, and I'm excited to see what happens next.

STORY: 5/5
ART: 3/5
VERDICT: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment