Saturday, February 16, 2013

Top 5: Writers Best Suited to Taking Over Green Lantern

So, with Geoff Johns' classic Green Lantern ending, everyone's asking the question: Who will continue the saga of Hal Jordan? Here's my TOP 5 list of writers I think should take over! "In brightest day, in blackest night, no creator escapes DiDio's sight, let fans that worship comics' might, beware his power, because he's going to replace beloved creators."

5. Peter Tomasi

Everyone wants Peter Tomasi to take over Green Lantern. Tomasi has been playing second fiddle to Johns now for quite some time, and I think it's time for him to join the big leagues. 

4. Scott Snyder

Of course. Scott Snyder, everyone's favorite new writer, would be suited to take GL in a new direction. However, with Snyder being more of a horror writer, I think he should take more of a "Dead Space" route.

3. Jeff Lemire

Jeff Lemire is a writer who really likes to focus on the supporting cast of characters, so I think he could help make the nameless alien background characters more 3-dimensional characters.

2. Dan Abnett and Andy Lanning

This writing duo already caught cosmic lightning in a bottle with their Annihilation saga, so it's time for them to do the same with DC.

1. Grant Morrison

Look, I know this is a long shot, but just hear me out. With Marvel trying (and failing) to do a big cosmic epic with the Avengers, I think DC could benefit from having another big GL saga, written by a writer that plans FRIGGIN' YEARS in advance. I mean, look at what he did with Batman! And he already did a spectacular job with Final Crisis, so why not let him do Green Lantern? His Batman run is ending already, and I really want him to continue writing for DC. 

No comments:

Post a Comment