Sunday, February 3, 2013

Pull List: 2/6/13

It's time for my weekly... PULL LIST, the game show where you could win, $1,000,000! Kidding. Now, this is where I choose what books I'm buying this week, a book I want to buy, and a book I don't want. Which is most likely something by Rob Liefeld, or an issue of the Superior Spider-Man or Superboy.

PULL LIST
ANIMAL MAN/SWAMP THING #17
by Jeff Lemire, Scott Snyder, Steve Pugh and Yannick Paquette

The end of Rotworld. 'Nuff said. 

GREEN ARROW #17
by Jeff Lemire and Andrea Sorrentino

Holy cow, you wouldn't believe how much I'm looking forward to this. Freaking Jeff Lemire, writer of Animal Man and Justice League Dark, and Andrea Sorrentino, the artist of I, Vampire? Throw one of these creators on a book, and you already have my $2.99. But, BOTH of them? Dear God, that's awesome. 

DETECTIVE COMICS #17
by John Layman, Jason Fabok, and Andy Clarke

John Layman and Jason Fabok have both come up with the most interesting DOTF tie-in yet. Instead of fighting the Joker, Batman is combating an enemy created by the Joker's influence. Two actually, Emperor Penguin and the League of Smiles. 

STORMWATCH #17
by Peter Milligan and Will Conrad

The solicit promises someone's death. Whoever it is, they're most likely going to have a more heroic death than Peter Parker.

WISH LIST
SECRET AVEBGERS #37
by Rick Remender and Matteo Scalara

I've heard a lot of good things about Remender's Secret Avengers, and this is it's final issue. However, buying 5 books this month, it's out of my budget. I need money for Bioshock Infinite and Injustice: Gods Among Us, right?

ANTI-WISH LIST

THE SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN #3
by Dan Slott and Ryan Stegman

So. Pointless plot development that pisses off a lot of people including me? Check. Status quo change that pretty much says "I hate the character I'm writing for"? Check. Disgusting romance between and old 70-something year old man and a 20-something girl? Check. I'm just waiting for Pete to come back.





No comments:

Post a Comment