Sunday, February 17, 2013

Pull List: 2/20/13

There's always something satisfying about picking up comics from your local comic shop on Wednesday. That amazing feeling you get when you open the slip containing your book, and smelling the paper within (What? Just me?) is exhilarating. 

PULL LIST
JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA #1
by Geoff Johns and David Finch

Now, this is what I call a reimagining. I think this could be one of the best titles of the New 52, IF both creators are at their best. Geoff Johns can be a great writer if he tries, but his Justice League stuff hasn't clicked with me. David Finch can be a great artist, and has been as of late. As long as he stays away from trying to recapture the look of his New Avengers stuff.

SAGA #10
by Brian Vaughn and Fiona Staples

C'mon, it's SAGA! I mean, 3 straight 5 out of 5 reviews from me? Why would I skip it?

DEADPOOL #5
by Brian Poeshn, Gerry Duggan and Tony Moore

Deadpool has been quite the romp lately. It's fun, fast-paced, gory, and funny. I got the 4th issue of the series late (I mean, "got it just last week" late), so let's hope I can review this one on time, eh?

DAREDEVIL #23
by Mark Waid and Chris Samnee

Foggy! NO! 

INDESTRUCTIBLE HULK #4
by Mark Waid and Lenil Yu

I might drop this when Walter Simonson joins, but I haven't decided yet. Anyway, Mark Waid is a very talented writer and Lenil Yu is one of my favorite artists, so let's watch these two continue to be awesome on this title!

WISH LIST
JUSTICE LEAGUE #17
by Geoff Johns and Ivan Reis

I've decided to put Justice League on hold until Throne of Atlantis comes out. I don't read Aquaman anymore, so I'm afraid I'm just wasting my money until the story is over.

ANTI-WISH LIST
The book Catholics should abstain from for the season of Lent
(aka Superior Spider-Man #4)
by Dan "The Man Who Ruined Spider-Man" Slott and Ryan Stegman

'Nuff said.







No comments:

Post a Comment