Sunday, April 21, 2013

Pull List: 4/24/13

While DC's gatefold month is being awesome, Marvel... Is doing about three events at the same time. Shameless. But, there are still some good Marvel books (cough Hawkeye cough Uncanny X-Men), and there are some bad DC books (cough cough Hawkman cough Superboy cough Superman cough Legion of Superheroes cough). So, let's get the rundown of the books I'm getting this week!

PULL LIST

BATMAN INCORPORATED #10
by Grant Morrison, Chris Burnham and Jason Masters

Knight and Dark Ranger should seriously replace Batman and Robin.

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY #2
by Brian Michael Bendis and Steve McNiven

GROOOOOOOOOT

I, VAMPIRE #19
by Joshua Hale Fiakov, Fernando Blanco, and Andrea Sorrentino

I am SO happy that Sorrentino is coming back on for the last few pages of the series. RIP I, Vampire. You'll be the only cancelled DC series I miss (besides Frankenstein and Resurrection Man)

JUPITER'S LEGACY #1
by Mark Millar and Frank Quitely

This is one of the most anticipated series of the YEAR for me. I mean, Mark Millar, writer of Kick-Ass, Superior, and Supercrooks and creator of The Ultimates (one of my favorite pieces of LITERATURE, not just comics, ever) and Frank Quitely, artist of All-Star Superman, Batman and Robin, and a very controversial run on The Authority are teaming up. That's !@#$ing awesome. As Millar describes it, "creator-owned superhero event". Yup.

JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK #19
by Jeff Lemire, Ray Fawkes, and Mikel Janin

There's something magic about this book. No matter how bad it gets (the last few issues of The Death of Magic storyline), I can never drop it. I don't know why.

UNCANNY X-MEN #5
by Brian Michael Bendis and Frazer Irving

Bendis. Irving. X-Men. Gold balls. Yes please.

WISH LIST
YOUNG AVENGERS #4
by Kieron Gillen and Jamie McElvie

Yeah, this is actually a pretty decent series. If you have space for an extra book on your Pull List (unlike me), buy this.

ANTI-WISH LIST

THE SAVAGE HAWKMAN #19
by Tom DeFalco and Joe Bennett

I'm sorry, but even without Liefeld, this is still a terrible book. But what do you expect, Discount Liefeld is writing it.











No comments:

Post a Comment