Sunday, March 3, 2013

Pull List: 3/6/13

Once a week, comes the magical day that reminds us: "Oh, that's why I need to get through Monday and Tuesday". The day, that makes up for the dull life we have to live the rest of the week. That day, is WEDNESDAY, new comic book day! Which is sadly two days away. So, this is where I account for the books I'm buying this week, one book I want this week, and a book that you couldn't pay me $1,000,000,000 to read. So, let's begin!

PULL LIST
ANIMAL MAN #18
by Jeff Lemire and Steve Pugh

Though there was no actual tragedy in Rotworld, I got a bad feeling about this issue (mainly because of Jae Lee's spectacular cover). 

SWAMP THING #18
by Scott Snyder and Yannick Paquette

Scott Snyder and Yannick Paquette's final issue of Swamp Thing is finally here. Did Abby survive Rotworld? Despite how much I was disappointed, the earlier issues of the series were excellent, especially #10 (the one that Francesco Francavilla drew).

STORMWATCH #18
by Peter Milligan and Will Conrad

The Engineer is a !@#$ing !@#$!@#$ that deserves to be !@#$!@#$!@#$!@#$!@#$!@#$!@#$!@#$!@#$!@#$!@#$!@#$!@#$ with a sharp stick, and then !@#$!@#$!@#$ with a burning !@#$!@$ and then shot in the face.

GREEN ARROW #18
by Jeff Lemire and Andrea Sorrentino

I've been waiting for this. Green Arrow #17 was one of the best comics to come out of the year so far, and let's hope #18 is of the same quality.

BEFORE WATCHMEN: RORSCHACH #4
by Brian Azzarello and Lee Bermejo

Just for this month (and possibly the next, due to the $7.99 issue), I won't be picking up Detective Comics. For one thing, I freaking couldn't get Batman Incorporated #8 (I'm so pissed off!), so I'm delaying getting any Bat-books until the second printing. And, Rorschach, despite how lackluster #3 was, is a series I'd like to see the end of.

WISH LIST
DETECTIVE COMICS #18
by John Layman and Jason Fabok

(Strained) Must... Not... Buy... Haven't... Read... Batman Inc... #8... yet...


ANTI-WISH LIST
YOUNGBLOODS #who cares
by Rob Liefeld, the guy nobody likes

(Rob Liefeld) 






No comments:

Post a Comment