Sunday, October 28, 2012

Pull List: 10/31/12

Comics come out on Halloween this year! You get to enjoy the adventures of your favorite superhero while munching down some candy! What else do you want? 

PULL LIST
JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK ANNUAL #1
by Jeff Lemire and Mikel Janin
Looking for  a good horror comic to read on October 31? Look no further than Justice League Dark Annual #1. Not only does it feature horror icon Frankenstein('s monster), but it's the conclusion to Jeff Lemire's first arc on the series. Here's hoping it ends well!

WISH LIST
SWAMP THING ANNUAL #1
by Scott Snyder and Becky Cloonan
If you don't like Becky Cloonan's Scott Pilgrim-esque style, you have a problem with your eyes. I adored her work in Batman #12, and I wish I could pick this up. Sadly, I'm already spending $4.99 on Justice League Dark Annual, so this won't fit my budget. 

ANTI-WISH LIST
SUPERMAN: EARTH ONE VOL. 2
by J. Michael Straczynski and Shane Davis
I'm all for dark and grim characters, but that kind of treatment only works for few characters. I actually slightly enjoyed Superman: Earth One Vol. 1, but now Straczynski is going for darker. In my opinion, gritty doesn't work for the Man of Steel. He's supposed to be the champion of truth and justice, the embodiment of the American Way. Not... Darkness. I'm sorry, it might work for Batman, but it won't favor Superman. 

No comments:

Post a Comment