Sunday, October 14, 2012

Pull List: 10/17/12

Sigh. "Judging a Comic by Its Cover" is gone. Why? I don't think I was doing a good job of it. Last week was a disaster, so here's a replacement. PULL LIST is going to talk about my purchases for the week, one book I want and one that I don't want. Let's get to it!

PURCHASES
DAREDEVIL #19
by Mark Waid and Chris Samnee

Last month's Daredevil didn't exactly give us a debut of  new villain, so I hope this issue finally gives us an introduction to the Coyote. Also, that is a creepy cover.

BATWOMAN #13
by JH Williams and W. Haden Blackman
Like a junkie that needs his next fix, I eagerly await Batwoman #13 for my next dose of JH Williams art. The story isn't too shabby either. 

WISH LIST
THE WALKING DEAD #103
by Robert Kirkman and Charlie Adlard
Now that Rick isn't leader of the survivors anymore and (SPOILERS) Glenn is dead, I'm curious to see where this arc is going. And who is that about to bash Rick's brains in on the cover?

ANTI-WISH LIST

AVENGERS ASSEMBLE #8
by Brian Michael Bendis and Mark Bagley
I don't like comics that tie into movies. Especially when its blatantly obvious that it's forced. Avengers Assemble has been a ridiculously terrible comic since its been trying to cram in as many characters from the movie universe. I might go back  to the series when Kelly Sue Deckonick takes over, though I wouldn't mind seeing Joss Whedon himself tackle the series (with John Cassaday)!


No comments:

Post a Comment