Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Justice League Dark Annual #1 Review

JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK ANNUAL #1
by Jeff Lemire and Mikel Janin

Epic. Can I end the review there?

I figure I got over the hard part in my late Justice League Dark #13  review. I was wrong. This is a natural continuation of JLD #13, but this issue comes with an awesome battle sequence. It features the introduction of new members (including a quirky and hilarious chemistry between Frankenstein and Ameythest), the return of an old  one, and a very intriguing cliffhanger. Plus, more Nick Necro, who's turning out to be a surprisingly round villain, unlike the ones you can find in any Liefeld written book on the shelves.

Somehow, Mikel Janin drew this and issue 13, and is still able to stay consistent. I'm pretty sure he'll need a pretty long break to catch up, but I'm fine with that. We need more Mikel Janin art right now!

Justice League Dark  Annual #1 is absolutely perfect. I mean it. This is one of the best books to hit the stands this year!

STORY: 5/5
ART: 5/5
VERDICT: 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment