Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Late Reviews: Batman Incorporated #4 Review

BATMAN INCORPORATED #4
by Grant Morrison and Chris Burnham

Who is Wingman? Is it... Dick Grayson? Superman? The long lost Doctor Hurt? Otto Netz..? 

This was one of the most anticipated books I DIDN'T get last week. I needed to find out who Wingman was. I just had to. After months of speculation, we finally find out who he is and he's... (REDUCTED)? Are you kidding me, Grant Morrison? You  resorted to using (REDUCTED)? I was very disappointed. (REDUCTED)  was one of the most obvious choices for Wingman, and I can see why Batman chose him, but I guess I  just expected  a little bit more of a surprise. However, I am happy to say that big yet underwhelming  reveal does little to take away the excitement of the epic fight that takes up half  of the book. Morrison drops more and more clues for the future of the series, and has a good grip on his characters.

After rereading All-Star Superman for the third time, I had a hampering for more Frank Quitely art. Thankfully, we have Chris Burnham to satisfy our needs until January, which is when Jupiter's Children (one of my most anticipated 2013 releases) hits. He captures the kinetic sense of movement Quitely does, but uses much less realistic and more  cartoony figures. That's  not bad.

Batman Incorporated #4 is both disappointing yet somehow fulfilling. I can't describe it, but I can tell you this: Batman Incorporated #4 is still worth your time and money.

STORY: 3/5
ART: 4/5
VERDICT: 3.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment