Sunday, November 18, 2012

Saga #7 Review

SAGA #7
by Brian Vaughn and  Fiona Staples

OK, every single review site on Earth and some of friends can't seem to shut up about this series. So now, at the second arc, I'm finally jumping in, after catching up on what happened so far on the web.

To quote the film "Tangled", "Now I see the liiiiiight...". After I closed this book, I started to sing that song in my head. It's just... amazing. Vaughn writes a great story here, as the plot as  filled with twists and turns. In fact, the book does such a great job of reeling you in, I don't even know if the book had ads in it! Vaughn's greatest strength here is his character work, especially when he explores the chemistry between the books' two main character. 

Fiona Staple's art is great too. It's pure eye candy when it needs to be, and revolting and disgusting when the script calls for it. I don't know why we see more of her art lying around.

Saga #7 got me hooked. I just opened my eyes to the series, and this is some of the best comics of the year, with Animal Man, Justice League Dark, Daredevil and (imo) Supercrooks.

STORY: 5/5
ART: 5/5
VERDICT: 5/5 PERFECT SCORE!

No comments:

Post a Comment