Sunday, November 11, 2012

Pull List: 11/14/12

Awwwwww yeah! It's that time of the week again! It's time for me to make my pull list!

PULL LIST
BATMAN #14
by Scott Snyder, Greg Capullo and  Jock (for sure this time!)

Last month, Scott Snyder and Greg Capullo left us with a cliffhanger that had a beloved character's survival in serious doubt. So far, DEATH OF THE FAMILY is terrifying the  crap out of me, and I hope Snyder follows up on last month's spectacular issue. However, if I find out that this arc doesn't have any death in it, and it's all bark and no bite, I'm going to be seriously pissed. So far, the only death in the arc has been that of about 20 unnamed extras that are slightly hard to care about, so here's me hoping...

FANTASTIC FOUR #1
by Matt Fraction and Mark Bagley

From what I know, Matt Fraction is only a decent writer. I was able to pick up an issue of the Invincible Iron Man for only $.99 on Comixology, and it wasn't that bad, but I wasn't wowed  by it either. No, he's not the reason I'm getting  this. Mark Bagley is. Mark Bagley is the co-creator of Ultimate Spider-Man, a series that played a massive role in getting me hooked on monthly issues. I think it's safe to say he's one of the reasons I'm reviewing books in the first place, since Ultimate Spider-Man was so good. I needed more of the series, and guest what? Ultimate Comics Spider-Man #1 was one of the very first monthly books I got (Though, the series  has just been OK so far, and Bagley's not drawing it). 

WISH LIST
THOR: GOD OF THUNDER
by Jason Aaron and Esad Ribic

Just before I wrote this article, I bought all of X-Men: Schism for $.99 an issue, and it was surprisingly awesome. Jason Aaron is a writer  capable of some  pretty good stuff. I also saw the Thor/Loki: Blood Brothers motion comic a few weeks ago, and Esad Ribic's art... ESAD RIBIC'S ART... It looks beautiful. Sadly, it's $3.99, another example of Marvel overpricing.

ANTI-WISH LIST
SUPERBOY #14
by  Scott Lobdell, Tom DeFalco and RB Silva

I don't think the world needs more Scott Lobdell written Super-books. Mr. DiDio, please make him stop. Superman #13 was terrible, and now that he's co-writing Superboy, and Supergirl for the H'El on Earth crossover, he's just going to make it worst (though I give him credit for not being as bad as Liefeld). Plus, WHAT THE HELL is going on in that cover? And H'El has one of the worst designs for a villain that I've ever seen since Reverse Flash. 


No comments:

Post a Comment