Sunday, November 25, 2012

Pull List: 11/28/12

It's PULL LIST time! As always, I'm here to give you the scoop on the books I'm getting this week, the books I want this week, and the one book that I don't want this week! By the way, the last book is usually a Liefeld book. Now let's get started!

PULL LIST
JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK #14
by Jeff Lemire and Lee Garbett

Justice League Dark is an incredibly unpredictable series. Last month, it was revealed that the Books of Magic weren't magic at all. What does that mean for the DCU all in all? Where did  they come from? Where is Tim Hunter now? Plus, we need  more Frankenstein/Ametheyst fun. 

FF #1
by Matt Fraction and Mike Allred

Mike Allred is AWESOME. He is a very talented artist and I just want more of his art in my hands as soon as possible. Plus, I love the idea that Fraction is giving the subplot in Fantastic Four its own series. 


BATMAN INCORPORATED #5
by Grant Morrison and Chris Burnham

Hurray! We're returning to the  future of Batman #666! #666 is one of my favorite issues, and I thought it was clever of Morrison to set up nearly all of his future Batman run in that single issue. Is Batman Inc #5 probably just going to be one big tease for the last 7 issues of Morrison's run? Probably. And I'm going to buy it.

WISH LIST
BATMAN: THE DARK KNIGHT #14
by Gregg Hurwitz and David Finch

I've grown accustomed to David Finch's distinctive style. I read the first issue of this series on Comixology and flipped through the first volume. I gotta say, I would pick this up... But it's out of my budget. Also, I've heard a lot of good things about Hurwitz's new Scarecrow. 

ANTI-WISH LIST
THE SAVAGE HAWKMAN #14
by Rob Liefeld, Mark Poulton and  Joe Bennett

Mr. Liefeld, I thought you were supposed to leave DC and go back to writing terrible 90's stuff with Image again! Are you just trying to stretch out  your run on Hawkman, Grifter and Deathstroke as much as possible? Are you trying to get DC to want to keep you? Well let me tell you, that there was no reason to go off attacking Scott Snyder on Twitter, because you will NEVER measure up to the writer he is. Heck, I doubt that you're even half the writer Lobdell is! Also, why did you make such a big deal over leaving DC? Was it because the editors tried to fix your artistic  mistakes? Either way, no one cared why you left. People shouldn't pay to read you work, they should be rewarded just for looking at the covers, which is why I'm thankful you let Joe Bennett and your other artistic collaborators draw the covers for the titles that you're still writing. That way, I don't have to look at your lame character designs, astonishingly terrible proportions, and artistic mistakes even a two year old can spot.  By the way Mr. Liefeld, if you actually are reading this: Improve your artwork and writing or leave comics in general.

A concerned hater,
Comicsandead




No comments:

Post a Comment