Monday, July 8, 2013

Top 5: Biggest Announcements From DC's October 2013 Solicits


OK, so DC released their October 2013 solicits a bit ago, and believe, they have some awesome things in store. Such as, Travel Foreman on the Swamp Thing covers, Stormwatch not getting canceled yet, among others.


5. One Month Closer to Lobdell Leaving Action Comics!

If you don't know, or haven't recalled, this week's Action Comics #22 is the only 0/5 that I've ever... "Rewarded". So, yeah, awesome. Plus, the way the Superman solicit is written, it looks like Lobdell will be leaving that title as well. Hallelujiah.

4. Superman/Wonder Woman #1

Charles Soule wrote the best Superman story of May... And it wasn't even a Superman title. So it makes sense to put him on a new Supes book. But pairing him with Tony Daniel? Oh God, yes.

3. Forever Evil: Arkham War

Out of all of the Forever Evil tie-ins, Arkham War is the one I'm the most excited for. Putting Peter Tomasi on another Batman book is genius, seeing how he wrote the BEST Batman story all year (BAR #18). 

2. Lights Out

The first big story of Rob Venditti's GL. Now, I read Green Lantern #22 but I didn't have time to review like a bunch of other comics (By the way, that 5/5 worthy comic I mentioned earlier? Green Arrow #22), but it was flippin' good. I like where Venditti is going with the series, but I hate that you have to read all 5 GL series to get the complete story. Despite this, I'm excited for "Lights Out". 

1. Albuquerque on Animal Man

Rafael Albuquerque has become one of my favorite artists as of late, and being able to see him draw Animal Man? I couldn't ask for more.





No comments:

Post a Comment