Sunday, August 26, 2012

COVERS OF THE WEEK: 8/29/12

COVERS OF THE WEEK
8/29/12
If you remember, Covers of the Week, a weekly column (that I only did once), used to be on Tuesday. However, I'm moving it to Sunday. If you read the original, you remember I pick one Cover of the Week, 3 honorable mentions, and 1 worst cover of the week. Let's get started!
 
COVER OF THE WEEK
HIGHER EARTH #3
by Sam Humphries and Fransesco Biagni
Cover by Frazer Irving
This cover just looks great, but I only chose it because of his facial expression. Irving captures the look of terror on the man's face with precise detail, and you can't help but wonder why he's so scared.
 
HONORABLE MENTIONS
THE FLASH ANNUAL #1
by Francis Manapul, Brian Buccelato, and Marcus To
Cover by Francis Manapul
For one thing, I love how Manapul even put space for the logo at the top to make FLASH VS THE ROGUES. And the colors are beautiful.
 
THE AVENGING SPIDER-MAN #11
by Zeb Wells and Steve Dillon
Cover by Chris Samnee
I really enjoy covers that don't focus on the action or any sort of tension. It's just a nice cover, and I like it when the series' logo is actually made part of the art. I didn't choose this as cover of the week because the shadowing in the kitchen feels off.
 
AQUAMAN #12
by Geoff Johns and Ivan Reis
ROBOT CHICKEN variant
"VEEEEENGEANCE!"
 
WORST COVER OF THE WEEK
 
SCAM #1
by Joe Mulvey
Cover by Joe Mulvey
I don't think "digging for gold" is a good selling point for anything.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment